Chemical Bonding – Junior Cert Chemistry Terms
- Electrons – Negatively charged particles
- Protons – Have a positive charge
- Neutrons – the particles of the nucleus that have no charge
- Hydrogen bond – Attraction between a slightly positive hydrogen atom and a slightly negative atom.
- Covalent bond – A chemical bond formed when two atoms share electrons
- Ionic bond – A chemical bond resulting from the attraction between oppositely charged ions.
- Double covalent bonds – a bond that involves two shared pairs of electrons
- Nucleus – Control centre of the cell
- Atom – Smallest particle of an element
Ask a question
Did this raise a question for you?
Get involved in the discussion.