Energy – Junior Cert Science Terms
- Energy – Is the ability to do work, Energy is measured in joules.
- Potential energy – Stored Energy.
- Kinetic Energy – The energy that moving things have.
- Heat energy – Energy that causes a change in temperature between materials.
- Hydro-electric energy – Electric energy from water.
- Geo-thermal energy – energy derived from the heat in the interior of the earth.
- Biomass energy – The chemical energy stored in living things.
- Photosynthesis – Plants use the sun’s energy to convert water and carbon dioxide into sugars.
Ask a question
Did this raise a question for you?
Get involved in the discussion.