Meat – Leaving Cert Home Economics
- Carcass – Beef, lamb or pork
- Poultry – Chicken, turkey
- Game – Rabbit, hare
- Offal – Edible internal organs of an animal e.g. liver
- Myosin – Protein found in meat
- Iron – Meat is a good source of this mineral
- Saturated – Meat contains this type of fat which increases risk of heart disease
- Activity – A cause of toughness in meat
- Proteolytic – These enzymes are injected into animals to tenderise the meat
- Sausage – An example of a meat product
Ask a question
Did this raise a question for you?
Get involved in the discussion.