When Should I Start to Study?

Home Forums General Discussions When Should I Start to Study?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Lyndsey McKiernan 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Patrick Smyth
    Participant

Hey everyone,
    I’m in third year this year and with the Junior Cert and all coming up, I’m kinda confused with when i should start studying. Like, I always study for tests and I’m an average A studen, but I’m about to take “tests” like I’ve never seen before. Some people say how hard working you have to be, but others say how its easy. I’m not saying that I belive that the Junior Cert is “easy” but I’m a bit confused as to when I should start studying… Properly. Revising over the past three years. My mocks are in Februrary, so I’m taking them into account too… Any advice anyone?
    Thanks 🙂

Hannah O'sullivan
    Participant

study what you find the hardest first and work your way to the easy stuff and use your exam papers to help you too

Joël Sajimon
    Participant

All I’ll say is that , the best thing to do is to work thoroughly through all your exam papers for the stubjects that you study 🙂
    The more you do them … The more you get familiar with the questions 🙂
    Do bit by bit of the exam papers as you go along and you’ll be grand !
    All the best 😀

Jonatan Sala
    Participant

Hi Patrick,
    In my opinion studying depends on the individual. I think if you feel like your behind on subjects you should start studying know, because the longer you wait and don’t catch up on that certain subject the harder its going to be to study later on. For example if you covered algebra in your class 2 months ago and you can’t remember how to do some part of it, well then you should start studying it right away because if you wait longer then you will wake up to know that you can’t remember how to do any of it. If you do this as early as you can you won’t be stressing later on when your exams are right around the corner.The longer you leave it the more thing are going to pile up on top of each other. So it all depend on you and how well you understand your subjects. Some people start studying really hard for example in January(person A) and another in March(person B), but person B could still get a better junior cert than person A. 😀

Sarah A
    Participant

Well, I’m doing my Junior this year and in my school we have Premocks (which I find extremely inconvenient) and I’ve started studying last week – now, before I say anything else let me just state that I’ve studies things that I was told to study for eg. Science because I have a revision test every week – I haven’t touched on Geography (besides doing a couple exam papers and whatnot) CSPE or some others, so I’m actually gonna start ACTUALLY STUDYING as in PHYSICALLY LEARNING and not just taking down notes or doing homework claiming that is “study” this week. But it really depends on how well you want to do too 🙂

Daniel Paul
    Participant

Make sure you do your third year stuff. Try and stay on topic your work as much as possible. However set up a plan to go back over your first and second year stuff at the same time. Exam papers are a great tool to revise. The sooner you start the better. It will mean you have less stress as you draw near to the JC. Don’t wait till the last month or the last few weeks. It’s also important to not be too hard on yourself. 🙂

keesha steele
    Participant

I AM THINKING THE SAME THING MOST OF MY FRIENDS STARTED BEFORE HALF TERM BUT I JUST STARTED BUT I COME OUT WITH BETTER GRADES THAN THEM IT IS WEIRD BUT IT DOES DEPEND ON THE INDIVIDUAL AND IN MY OPINION I AM AM FREAKING OUT AS WELL BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I HAVE LEARNT NOTHING BUT WHEN I ACTUALLY SIT THE EXAM IT IS ALL FINE. BUT IT IS DOWN TO YOU, WHAT YOU THINK IS BEST!

Lyndsey McKiernan
    Participant

I’m the same and I’m not even sure if I should do notes or just study from the book and I’m kind of just studying for revision tests but this week I’m gonna try and start really long subjects like religion and business so idk? Hope this helped:)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.