- History: the story of the past.
- Herodotus: father of history.
- Archive: documents.
- Museum: artefacts.
- Sources can be written, pictorial, oral, artefacts or ruins.
- Primary sources: directly from past, first hand information, from the time.
- Secondary sources: indirectly, second hand, after the time.
- Bias: using only the evidence that supports one side.
- Prejudice: judging before any evidence.
- Propaganda: using the media to promote one point of view.
Fact vs Opinion
- Archaeology is the study of buildings and artefacts.
- Finding the sites: Aerial photography (crop marks)
- Stories (Troy)
- Rescue archaeology (roads and buildings)
- Diggers (topsoil)
- Sieves and brushes
- Numbering artefacts
- Dating: Stratigraphy
- Coins and pottery
- Radiocarbon dating
- Wiki post by Levin George and Colin Kelleher.
Ask a question
Did this raise a question for you?
Get involved in the discussion.