- Green plants make food by photosynthesis.
- Photosynthesis occurs in the leaves of a plant.
- The green chemical chlorophyll is needed for photosynthesis.
- Chlorophyll traps light energy and uses it to combine carbon dioxide and water. This forms glucose and oxygen.
- Leaves have air spaces between their leaves called stomata.
- The three things needed for photosynthesis to occur are light, water and carbon dioxide.
- Carbon dioxide enters the leaf from the air.
- Water is absorbed through the roots from soil.
- The word equation for photosynthesis is :
- Wiki post by Levin George and Colin Kelleher.
Ask a question
Did this raise a question for you?
Get involved in the discussion.